Yoga Fire Studio is located at 970 Balch Rd, Madison AL. The studio is inside of the Empire Fitness Building. Yoga Fire is not affiliated with the gym and a gym membership is not required to practice yoga at Yoga Fire. Gym membership discounts are available to members.
When arriving for classes enter through front doors of Empire Building, and walk up the red stairway follow the signs to Yoga Fire studio.
- We open 15 minutes before classes begin.
- Please arrive a few minutes early, especially on your first visit!
- Once you have a membership Online Registration is Strongly Suggested to ensure your spot in class, class space is limited.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in for class.
- Fill up your water bottle at our studio, $1 cash donation suggested to water fund.
- Borrow a Yoga Mat at the studio if you don’t have your own.
Pick a class that you would like to attend, arrive at the studio early with your voucher.
You can create an online account in our mindbody system, but vouchers will be entered by Yoga Fire @ the studio. Call us with any questions.
Please arrive early to arrange your space so the room is settled by class time. Latecomers disrupt other students. We realize life happens and allow entry to the room up to 5 minutes after the start of the class. Please be mindful of your time and try to arrive to class early as the doors may be closed at any time after the class has begun.
What Classes Should I Take?
While yoga is for everyone, not every class is appropriate for every body or every goal. In order to have the best experience possible, try different class styles and communicate with your teachers! Most classes are designed for beginners and more advanced practitioners. Heated yoga is not recommended for students just starting or with injuries. Beginners, please read this page for classes appropriate for beginning your practice.
Yoga is not a competitive sport. It is a practice of awareness. An exploration of strength and space with an attention to your breath. If you cannot breathe fully, come out of a posture. If something hurts, stop. Yoga should not hurt. Use your breath to lead you into deeper experiences; not your will. Above all be gentle and kind, to yourself and your fellow students.
Benefits of a Regular Yoga Practice
- Reduces Stress Levels
- Calms the Mind
- Relieves Arthritis Pain
- Keeps Muscles pliable
- Improves Balance
- Strengthens Muscles
- Reduces Symptoms of Asthma
- Compliments other fitness programs
- Aids Weight Loss
- Heal Faster From Injuries
We recommend practicing Yoga at least 2x a week to experience the benefits of yoga, practicing everyday provides the most benefit.